Tuesday, September 1, 2009

JG Cover: Book of Treasure Maps 1977

The cover to this "D&D approved" 1977 Judge's Guild publication features a photograph of what might now be interpreted as an early example of LARP. I think it's an interesting picture - partly because of its B&W charm and also because of the time it was taken (pre-Mazes & Monsters).

I'm happy to report that I've sold both the Tegel Manor and the Tradervale I'd posted about previously here. The Tegel went for $60 and the Tradervale for over $111, just in case you're wondering what off-eBay sales of these items are like these days. Between those and a few eBay sales of 2nd edition TSR modules, I'm now within a $100 of breaking even on the big Craigslist lot I bought some time ago. I still have a large number of 2E books and a few modules for cheap, as well as some early Grenadier/Ral Partha minis I'm looking to unload so let me know if you've interest.

In brief o.s. rpg news, Labyrinth Lord is moving towards another printing, sporting a new cover and some (minor?) rules revisions. The cover looks great! A far cry from the JG days pictured above... Still looking forward to Goblinoid Game's "Advanced Edition Characters", although there's no word as to when that will be available yet.

1 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Good job on recouping your investment so far.

I remember the M&M movie. We laughed all the way through and mocked the acting for weeks afterward. Good times.

Glad to hear about LL. That is on the purchase radar!

Post a Comment