Monday, July 20, 2009

Swords and Wizardry Hirelings Generator and Record Sheet

I've been considering using the S&W/OD&D rules instead of LL lately. There's no one reason why, but there's something about the greater use of the old d6 that makes me happy (maybe because I played a lot of early Traveller). I also really like the single Saving Throw, even though I understand the hesitation that gives a lot of players.


In preparation, I converted the (4x6 Index Card sized) LL Hirelings Generator I'd made before into a S&W friendly one. Basically, this meant adding AAC, replacing the multiple saving throws with one, and adjusting the Armor types (there's no "padded" armor!). I changed the weapons a bit too. The Saving Throw is the newly adjusted figure from the 3rd S&W printing.

You can get it here.

If you like this but would like to change the specifics on the tables, I'm working on a fillable PDF so you can "roll your own" so to speak. I should have it up in the next day or so.

You can get the form fillable version here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment