d30 Table of Random City Events:
1. The beggars are rioting.
2. Music festival – streets are rife with dirty bards and guitars.
3. Street market sale – All non-combat adventuring gear 30% off.
4. That whore won't let go of your arm. Her pimp watches from afar.
5. Caught urinating on the wrong side of street/town – Pay fine.
6. Spotted by someone who saw you buying drinks at the tavern the other night: New best friend!
7. Upper Class funeral procession.
8. Heavy precipitation – streets deserted (20% chance of catching a disease).
9. Wandering prophet encounter.
10. Captured monster escapes from cage! Entire city in panic. Reward offered.
11. Jails overcrowded – major furlough. Increased chance of picked pockets.
12. Major speech today by city official.
13. Parade - Militia and constabulary review. Increased chance of robberies/burglaries.
14. Brew festival – Streets filled with drunken revelers.
15. Fire! All able bodied individuals expected to help with bucket brigade.
16. Invited to join street side game of craps (see page 215 of 1e DMG).
17. The local idiot has taken quite a liking to you.
18. Palm reader offers “discounted” reading.
19. Public hanging – free entertainment for the whole family!
20. Jousting tournament – first timers welcome.
21. Traveling Freak Show visiting.
22. Everyone's talking about those highway robberies. All goods at +30% cost.
23. The army/navy needs soldiers/sailors. Pressed into short term duty.
24. Mistaken identity – accused of being adulterer/father/debtor/murderer/thief.
25. Windfall – Dapper Dan dropped his wallet while getting into his carriage.
26. Royal/Religious emissaries from a distant land visiting: cultural XP opportunity.
27. Major caravan leaving town – now hiring guards/escorts.
28. Unbelievably attractive person just made eyes at you from across the street – or did they?
29. Crime lord assassinated – gang warfare, curfew set.
30. Ergot poisoning! Streets filled with hallucinating bread eaters (and hallucinations).
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Now that I've got my campaign's calendar worked out, my d30 has arrived, and I've joined the Order of the d30 (why not?), I submit the following: