Monday, August 3, 2009

Labyrinth Lord - The Purple Box

I wanted to put together a little box for travel purposes that might provoke some oo's and ah's from my players, so I created this little number pictured below...

Come to find out, what I'd been been thinking of as the purple cover is really mostly "dusty pink", at least according to the side of the spray can I used for much of this. So I guess it's really the Pink Box edition. Cue side 2, "Brain Damage".

My tabloid sized LL book fits great in there (anyone thinking of making one, I recommend using 11x17 in half, rather than 8.5x11, unless you don't mind going blind), along with my hirelings card, character cards (on 4x6's), obligatory booze bag o' dice, screen, and d30. Too bad I couldn't find a decent thick paperboard box, this is a little flimsy - the cigar boxes I had are just too small. I'm eyeballing that Forgotten Realms campaign setting box that I picked up recently, wondering if I should go ahead and use it for a do-over for this...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!

Blood Axe

Jeff Rients said...

I'm jealous.

Sham aka Dave said...

Damn that is some outstanding gaming goodness.

Hats off to you, good Sir!

James Maliszewski said...

I am speechless.

Timeshadows said...

What they said. :D

Sturat said...

Isn't half of an 11x17 piece of paper 8.5x11?

Maybe I just don't get what you're saying.

It's nice though. Have you looked at a Michaels / Joann / scrapbooking store for a box the right size?

How about a tin?
Like cookies and candy come in?

Don Snabulus said...

That reminds me of the Basic and the Expert D&D sets I bought way back in the day. Good work!

ze bulette said...

Thanks for the kind comments folks - although I'm not sure if James likes it or is horrified! Actually this really didn't take much time or effort to put together, just a little spray on glue, paint, and scissors.

@sturat: contact me at http://www.coldmonkeymountain.com/contact.png for layout questions, it's not clear to me whether I can distribute the custom tabloid pdf pictured here in print. A tin is not a bad idea and I'll check out the scrapbooking store for sure.

I'd love to see a real purple box of LL some day!

Jay said...

WANT!

Chris said...

And how I have a bad case of the covets. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is awesome. I am more of an alternate cover person, but I wouldn't scoff at this boxed set at all.

Reese Laundry said...

That looks absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing the pics...

Anonymous said...

You can probably find an appropriate box from Kate's Paperie, (www.katesperie.com) or ULine (www.uline.com) . Awesome idea!

Alex Schroeder said...

Wooooaaaaahhh!!! :D

Ciro Alessandro Sacco said...

Amazing! We will print a review of LL in our retrogaming magazine and your photo will be there ^^

Post a Comment