Sunday, April 18, 2010

Giraffe People?!?

This one was really my wife's idea. They’ll be NPCs in her campaign and are mostly for some fun flavor. She adores giraffes and has pointed out to me that they have the largest hearts in the animal kingdom (probably due to the fact that their blood has to be pumped up their long necks to their brains). Taking a cue from this, I took an old picture of myself and replaced my head with a giraffe’s so she has a personal graphic to go along with her original idea (I forgot about the moss shadow, but I still like it better than this). I suppose monster makers have been doing this sort of thing for centuries… Gimmicky and easy, but I’m hoping she sees this as the kind of fun mutual myth-making we’ll be doing more of once we (should we ever!) begin playing. I put this on a 4x6 monster index card pdf and can’t wait to show it to her.



Giraffe People


Armor Class: 7[12]
Hit Dice: 2
Attacks: Weapon (1d6)
Saving Throw: 13
Special: Innate abilities of Know Weather, Locate Animals, Locate Plants, and Speak with Animals (per the 1st and 2nd level Druid spells found in Supplemental Lore)
Challenge Level / XP: 2 / 30

Gentle, peace loving folk, the giraffe people’s origins are unclear, although they themselves claim that the more commonly known giraffes are actually a magically created devolution of
their own kind.

They live in heavily forested areas and are druidical in faith. They speak their own tongue, but will also know the common language.

Their long necks give their opponents a +1 to hit/damage bonus with melee weapons, and they refuse to wear any metal armor. They favor the staff and spear as weapons.

*Giraffe photo component by Vanessa Pike-Russell
This post is released under the OGL

Update: Telecanter posted a great giraffe person hybrid I should really convert to a mini somtime...

4 comments:

Daddy Grognard said...

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0263.html

ze bulette said...

The fact that my picture reminds me of this makes me just a little :_(

Chris said...

She adores giraffes and has pointed out to me that they have the largest hearts in the animal kingdom...

Blue whale sez *ahem* ;)

ze bulette said...

Land animal?

Post a Comment