Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mouthies

Always on the lookout for new and especially low level monsters, I spotted these creeps in an old comic book from the '50s. Scanned and cleaned up a bit, there's one on the right. They should serve nicely as an occasional generic stand-in for goblins etc...


A lonesome wizard’s experiment gone very wrong, mouthies have managed to reproduce and can now be found in many dark and desolate places. The creatures have a ravenous appetite for human flesh and are difficult to outrun. Fortunately they’re quite stupid and lack grasping appendages - vertical escape is often the best course of action.

Mouthy: HD 1; AC 8 [11]; Atk 1 Bite d4, Move 13; Save 18; CL/XP B/10


10 comments:

christian said...

Nice! I sense another postcard that can be sent out with copies of the zine!

JDJarvis said...

Slap on a horn and you've got the bounders from the Teddy Ruxpin cartoon.

Christopher said...

Very nice! I'm adding this to my wandering monster tables. Thanks!

Trey said...

Cool. What comic was that from?

ze bulette said...

@Trey: I'm not sure since I clipped it so long ago. It might have been from Ace Comics' "Space Action" though.

Jim said...

Ze bulette -- may I include these in my Monster Book? I think they are super cool -- and I might make a version with a horn!! Good idea JD!

ze bulette said...

@Jim: Sure, go right ahead. And glad you like them. :)

Don Snabulus said...

I don't want to hear any Michael Mouthcock references.

Roger G-S said...

These remind me of the little wizard spawns that were in the old Dark Castle game for the Mac.

Rainforest Giant said...

Genius!

Post a Comment