Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Limerick: The Bulette

We canceled last night's S&W session and are in the process of creating two more characters to replace the ones killed by last session's goblins. I decided to offer the option to play the additional classes laid out in Salvatore Macri's Supplemental Lore for S&W Core, and the Assassin was chosen. I can't remember the last time I DM'd with one of these and am looking forward to the plot twist potential it affords.

Meanwhile, I was inspired to write this limerick by a post on Christian's blog...not quite the traditional form but the best I could do...

There are some who pronounce it “boo-lay”
Mostly those who enjoy a word play
Others speak it “bull-et” -
Either way, don’t forget
It can really ruin your parté.

8 comments:

Daddy Grognard said...

Especially if you're an Owlbear

Game Master Rob Adams said...

Seems the poetic bug is not just limited to bashing vampires ;)

christian said...

I like it!

Don Snabulus said...

It should be sung by Robert Goulette (sic).

Fran Terminiello said...

nice! my GCSE french is a hazy memory now but isn't the general rule about silent consonants that they only apply when the 'e' is absent from the end of the word? e.g. roulette, parfait, garotte, chocolat etc

Anonymous said...

We call it a land shark.

<_< >_>

Moe: "Oh a GARAGE! Aren't WE fancy!"
Homer: "What do you call it?"
Moe: "I call it a car hole!"

(May not be completely accurate but it's close enough)

ze bulette said...

@Dungeonmum - Maybe so, but EGG wrote in the 1e manual entry for them that it was pronounced 'boo-lay' and wikipedia repeats the claim, so make what you will of that.

@1d30 - Doh! I neglected mentioning that option. Perhaps the land shark will find its way to a haiku in time. Seems appropriate, land of sushi and all.

Fran Terminiello said...

I guess languages are defined by their usage, not grammar books. I prefer land-shark I think.

Post a Comment