Saturday, October 16, 2010

Visual Armor Guide for Newbs - S&W Handout (Fillable PDF)

I liked what Telecanter was doing with his idea of a handout for newbs that would help them visualize armor - what it looks like, and how much protection it gives. So not being able to sleep last night I worked up a simple PDF which I hope addresses a couple of the points he made, namely that the armored figures illustrated in the S&W rules aren't in order of AC (with one holding a shield to further complicate things). I reworked the image a bit and added costs so that players can compare prices too.

In addition to the cost fields which are fillable on this PDF, there's a large fillable field below the handout title. I originally meant this to hold the name of your shop, ie. "Ailward's Olde Armour Shoppe" but I suppose it could have the name of your campaign or anything you like.

Formatted for a 4 x 6 index card of course, but it scales fairly well to 8.5 x 11. Clicking the thumbnail image above will take you to the PDF.

2 comments:

Loquacious said...

I didn't see Telecanter's. This is neat, I would totally use it IF I played any fantasy stuff..

ze bulette said...

Thanks, I had fun making it. It's definitely for complete newbs but I thought Telecanter made some good points and wanted to see what I could do about it.

Post a Comment