Friday, October 22, 2010

Meet Bilbo Baggins

Looks like Martin Freeman, star of the (British) tv show The Office, will play the part of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit movie by Peter Jackson due out in 2021. I don't know his acting well enough to really comment on it, but who didn't like and sympathize with his character on that show? Maybe this is old news... I don't know, I thought I heard a rumor about it a while back.

The only other actor I recognize in the linked BBC article is Warden Ackerman. I mean Graham McTavish.

5 comments:

Jay said...

"...due out in 2021..."

Considering the way the pre-production has been going, I'm going to guess this isn't a typo! ;)

Tenkar said...

Ack! I was gonna sk the same thing ;)

I'm guessing 2012 tho... hhe

ze bulette said...

Jay wins, but I can't prove it.

biopunk said...

Not 'old news', as Freeman originally turned down the role of Baggins to continue his Watson in 'Sherlock' after another season was commissioned.

Check it out, on PBS's 'Masterpiece', starting this weekend, Sunday, October 24, 2010.

It is really great.

He also played Arthur Dent in film version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Which wasn't that great.

thekelvingreen said...

Yeah, he's very good in Sherlock, and I hope he can find time to do both.

Another actor you might know is Richard Armitage. He's playing one of the dwarves -- Thorin I think -- and you might have seen him in Spooks -- or MI5 as it's called in the US -- or the BBC's Robin Hood, in which he played Guy of Gisbourne.

Post a Comment